Healthy eating is a critical part of transforming your life physically. While many people think that making broad, sweeping changes is the only way to improve the way you eat, making smaller changes also has a big impact. Today, we want to share some of our favorite healthy food swaps!
Healthy Food Swaps
- Swapping out white bread for whole-grain bread is one of the easiest food swaps, and a slice of whole-grain bread offers far more nutritional value than a slice of white bread. Make sure you look for bread that’s labelled 100% whole-grain or 100% whole wheat!
- Plain Greek yogurt is a great stand-in for sour cream because it’s more nutritious. Whether you use it on baked potatoes, tacos, or soups, you’ll love this easy and healthy food swap.
- Instead of using mayonnaise, try using avocado! Chicken salad, for example, can easily be made using smashed avocado rather than mayo. You can also spread it on a sandwich instead of mayonnaise.
- Fruit juices may seem like a healthy option, but they’re usually high in sugar and low in fiber. Instead, try drinking water with some sliced up fruit in it to bump up the flavor. Orange slices, lemon slices, or cut up berries are all great options.
- Whole-grain pasta is a great source of complex carbohydrates, but if you’re craving pasta and want a lower-carb option, try zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash. Both options are delicious and offer key nutrients!
- While chocolate of any kind is not something you want to eat in large quantities, have a square or two of dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate when you want to indulge. It’ll satisfy your cravings, and because it’s a little lower in sugar and higher in antioxidants, it’s a better option.
Making a few healthy food swaps can have a big impact on your health. For more tips to transform your life physically, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!